Clean Air in California? Easier Than You May Think!
In the run up to California Clean Air Day, join GreenBiz for a conversation about some of the available and affordable solutions that are delivering a real lasting impact in California’s fight against air pollution and climate change.
Certain regions in the United States, particularly in California, continue to face an air pollution crisis. Fighting air pollution, and the many health issues caused by it, means accelerating the phase out of fossil fuels. And doing so could save millions of lives and billions of dollars.
In this one-hour webcast, Neste US President Jeremy Baines, California Air Resources Board Executive Officer Richard Corey, City of Oakland Climate Group Supervisor Shayna H. Hirshfield-Gold and GreenBiz Sr. Transportation Writer & Analyst Katie Fehrenbacher, will explore how advanced biofuels and the circular economy are measurably helping in our collective fight against air pollution and climate change. Importantly, it will provide solutions that any forward-thinking business or city can choose to use right now.
Among the topics:
- How renewable diesel can accelerate the phase out of fossil fuels, enabling cities and businesses to quickly and affordably achieve their climate goals.
- How the City of Oakland created a closed-loop, circular economy that benefits its residents. One where the city’s fleet runs on 100% renewable fuel made from the city’s waste.
- What fuels have played the biggest role in the LCFS to date, where the regulation is heading, and what businesses and cities can do now to help “future proof their fleets.
- Katie Fehrenbacher, Senior Writer & Transportation Analyst, GreenBiz Group
- Richard Corey, Executive Officer, California Air Resources Board
- Jeremy Baines, President, Neste US
- Shayna H. Hirshfield-Gold, Climate Group Supervisor, Environmental Services Division, City of Oakland
If you can’t tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.
Wed, 09/02/2020 – 10:19
– Thu, 10/01/2020 – 11:00